For those schools who find it difficult to get to our Centre, either for reasons of logistics or budget, we have developed a series of Workshops which can be facilitated by our team in your school or in another suitable venue near the school, such as a parish hall.
The 6 Workshop Programmes can be facilitated as a faith development series over 6 sessions but each of the sessions can be facilitated as a stand-alone Workshop too, so there is great flexibility for your school.
- God and all that stuff
Images of God
What does ‘God’ mean to you?
“In the beginning, God created the universe.” (Genesis 1:1)
“I am the way the truth and the life.” (John 14:6)
Exploring who Jesus is and how to recognise his presence in our lives today.
“Who do you say I am?” (Mark 9:27)
The journey from head to heart. Exploring what is in your heart and how this reflects on your life and relationships.
“Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” (Luke 12:34)
Pray as you can, not as you can’t
“Jesus went by himself to a mountain to pray.” (Luke 6:12)
“When we do not know how to pray, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us with sighs too deep for words.”(Romans 8:26)
What is Discipleship? Exploring how we can be moved to mercy in everyday life.
What prevents us from acting when we see another’s need?
“Then he poured some water into a basin and started washing the disciple’s feet.” (John 13:5)
Learning a method for making good decisions throughout our lives.
“Trust in the lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.” (Proverbs 3:5)
Additional Workshop Themes
Understanding and Organising Liturgy
Prayer and Creativity
Praying with Scripture
P7 Transition Workshop
If you would like us to develop a Workshop on a particular theme for your group, we would be glad to do so.
So what is the difference between a Retreat and a Workshop?
Both these experiences will allow the participants opportunities to reflect on and explore and discuss their faith and spirituality, it is the method that differs.
- A Retreat has a maximum group size of 36.
- A Workshop has a minimum group size of 50.
- In a Retreat, discussion takes place in a small group setting with a facilitator.
- In a Workshop, discussion takes place in small, self-facilitated groups with feeding back to the larger group.
- A Retreat is more reflective and personal.
- A Workshop is more task-orientated and collaborative, but offers some time for reflection.
- A Retreat offers an experience of Ignation style meditation.
- A Workshop offers different prayer experiences, but not meditation.
How much does a Workshop cost?